Memo
To: Rich Rice
From: Porshea Ellis
Date: 5/3/2011
Re: Main Design Concept
This memo was created to explain a design concept that I thought would be helpful for my fellow classmates in information design 3369.
Thought out this semesters we have learned about seven important design concepts, which were contrast, repetition, alignment, proximity, perception, culture and rhetoric. The concept that stuck with me this semester was proximity. As I looked back over my five artifacts I noticed the proximity or placement or information played a huge part in my artifact redesigns.
I also realized that as the class progressed, I was able to better understand the proximity concept and incorporate it more in my redesigns based on the examples given in Kimball/Hawkins and Williams design books. I believe everyone in our class could benefit from utilizing proximity in their future careers or future class projects.
As a Technical Commutations major I plan to use proximity in almost every aspect of document design and document structure. Since most Tech Com jobs are in a wide range of industries, I am mainly focusing on IT companies and their current document design in relation to the concepts of proximity taught in class.
No comments:
Post a Comment