I have decided that my five artifacts would be a redesign of a local cafe's menu, a redesign of my tattoos artist business card, create a brochure for the Upward Bound college prep program and a resign of my current resume using In Design. Below are copies of the artifacts that I will be redesigning.
Local Cafe Menu:
My Tattoo Artist Business Card
Front
Back
My Current Resume
I will be using all the information provided in the link below, to create the brochure for the Upward Bound Program.
Texas Tech University :: Upward Bound
Good work posting the artifacts, Porshea. Of course, everything in this course is audience-driven. So, think about who your audience will be for your resume, for instance. There's a lot of content on the business cards; perhaps too much content. Seems to me that people would want to go to a website in order to see examples and prices and perhaps a video of the process of getting a tattoo if it's the first one. There are some design elements in the menu, but they could be stronger. I'll be interested to see your ideas here, and you might do some research by checking out a lot of other menu designs. I count 4 designs here; need 5, right? Please add another.
ReplyDeleteThe 5th artifact is listed below the picture of the resume. I will be creating the brochure, from the information on their website listed in the post above, this assignment will not be a redesign.
ReplyDeletePorshea, I really like Belly's Cafe, so I am glad you are going to redesign their menu. Are you going to take your new design and present it to them when you are finished? Also, I agree with the tattoo artists business card. There was so much information on it, I did not know where to begin or what was most important. My eyes jumped around a lot since all of the text was centered. It is also nice to see you creating a brochure for a program you are a part of. That will be something nice to give back to that program.
ReplyDeleteThe first artifact I will be submitting on Thursday is my tattoo artist business card. I plan on removing a lot unnecessary information like the " super fun and friendly atmosphere". I will move some of the information about the prixx body piercing to the front of the card since Dezi no longer works there. I will try to put the company's logo on the back of the card to replace the body piercing information.
ReplyDeleteThe tattoo card really needs some work, and allows a lot of ways to get creative with it, looking forward to how you recreate it.
ReplyDelete