Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tattoo Artist Business Card Re-Design


Front


Back

Front
For the redesign I removed all the unnecessary information about the company because the person reading the card can see all of this information on the company’s webpage.  I also changed the background color to black and lettering color to white because the lettering stood out more compared to the original design.  I choose to use two different font types and font sizes to emphasis the company name and Danny's name, which was not mention on the original design. 
I grouped the address and the phone number together while leaving the company website listed by itself since it did not really relate to the company address and phone number information.  Last, I decided not to align Danny’s name and his title to have draw focus to his name instead of his position. Plus I decided to repeat this alignment style on the back of the card as well.

Back
For the back of the card I removed all the information because all the information is printed on the front on the card.  The skull design is repeated onto the back of the card keeping a simple design flow from front to back.  I wanted the design for the back of the card to be simple and easy to read for my audience.  

3 comments:

  1. I really like your redesign. It goes with the cliental while still looking professional.

    I feel like the Danny is either not lined up, which you probably did on purpose, but then is a bit to close to the design next to it. The back on it where it isn't lined up works, because the P kind of fits into the D nicely. I think you could make the O fit into the D of Danny, and it would look really good and match the back.

    That's the only suggestion I have, but otherwise it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta agree. LOVE IT. This redesign hit's perfectly on everything. It looks incredibly professional, hitting on the cognitive and rhetorical aspects. Affective is probably the easiest thing to accomplish with this card, black + white + skull + designs definitely give out the feeling of a Tattoo shop. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porshea:

    I enjoyed reviewing your first re/design. This was a good first assignment for you in a number of ways. Might work to make more clear how you're addressing key points that I'm looking for, as discussed during class. I'll offer notes here, and a grade that can be accessed through Moodle by clicking on grades at the top of http://richrice.com/3369. Some notes:

    - The black/white approach is appropriate

    - The four main concepts in the course include CONTRAST, REPETITION, ALIGNMENT, and PROXIMITY (see Williams page 13)

    - Is the www redundant? Not needed if the site works without it

    - Contrast refers to making things different on the artifact, not merely similar; black/white approach works well, consistent coloring front and back; the graphics form a sort of tattoo, of course, it'd be interesting if there were skin color background here too

    - Repetition includes repeating visual elements throughout the piece; some of the text is difficult to read--perhaps different fonts could be used a little more effectively in terms of readability, such as not the name of the person but the name only of the firm in the special font

    - Alignment says that nothing should be arbitrary; the border around both front and back, with design overlay, works well, but in some instances the text is too close to the graphics; should also align the name with the rest of most of the text; have you tried right-aligning text in multiple lines, such as the information on the back card? might make it more eye-catching

    - Proximity suggests grouping and proximity for visual units; looks like an unequal distance between some text and graphics

    If you have questions, please offer them via email so that I don't miss them, or in a future blog post. I may miss comments in your blogs. This is the first of five re/designs. You may choose to revise and resubmit any or all of them in your ePortfolio for a review assessment.

    Dr. Rice

    ReplyDelete