Sunday, January 16, 2011

Information Design 3369 Assignment Ideas

Here are a few assignment ideas I came up with for information design 3369.

1.     Create a poster for the Texas Tech Society of Technical Communications (STC) Chapter.
a.     The poster should provide information about the TTU STC chapter, when the next meeting will take place, who to contact for more information or questions.
b.    The poster should appeal to two main audiences
                                                             i.      Current Technical Communication Students
                                                           ii.      Prospective Technical Communication Students 
2.     Create a pamphlet for a local after school program
a.     The audience for this pamphlet will be current Tech students and incoming freshman. These pamphlets could be created to hand out during welcome week in the fall and spring.
b.    The pamphlet will be used to get TTU Students involved in the community by volunteering at that after school program
3.     Redesign the Texas Tech Current Student Customer Service Survey
a.     Goal of this assignment is to create a survey with fewer questions while still being able to get valuable information needed to complete a full evaluation on each department at Texas Tech.

6 comments:

  1. Porshea--These artifacts are good ones. I have put two of the three on the list in the assignment prompt. Any would work. Might find models of these (you'll need them for your next blog post) that you want to re/design. Nice thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Porshea! I really like your idea of redesigning the Customer Service Survey. So many surveys that I've done at Tech have had way too many pointless questions on them.

    It might also be interesting to re/design the professor evaluation sheet. However, I understand that the evaluation template is pretty much set in stone, so to speak. It would still be kind of cool to come up with a better design, a design that allows for more written student critiques than the pick 1-5 quality scale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your post regarding assignment selection specifics. A good start to the course here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Porshea! It sounds like you have a lot of great ideas, especially the survey! It would be nice to be able to fill out a survey without so many questions on them. I might be more inclined to actually fill them out! Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing what you do with the business card. There is a lot going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete